Wednesday, November 19, 2008

This absence shall be but a brief moment...

I am going to be offline for a few days. Going on vacation/buying a new computer/crazy boss have combined against me. (hey, 2 of those are positive, and one is just plain normal, so don't think for a second that I am complaining!) At any rate, I won't really have access until the new machine arrives so I might not manage to post again until December, or close to it. In the meantime, I will be driving out to an unnamed city a day's drive from here where I will be staying with family, attending a wedding and various festivites, and probably doing alot of home-makey crafty things. At least, those are the things that come up when time is spent with this branch of the family tree. It's not the Scrabble branch. And while we are on the subject of crafty things, you should check out the GlitterGoneBad post from today (Birds of a feather) it's my submission, a hideous thing that my friend had hanging on her front door in honor of all things hideous. In addition to the crafty things that happen while with family, I will hopefully finish a couple of blankets I have been working on. I crochet the edges while driving across long boring stretches of American highways, steering with my knees and singing at the top of my lungs along with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. You only wish you could be in the car with me. Sometimes, I actually look forward to driving across Wyoming/Nebraska/Kansas/North Dakota. I have even been known to go on long boring drives with crocheting and MoTab, without any destination. That had to stop while gas prices skyrocketed (except when absolutely necessary...), but thankfully I can return to it now. It clears the head. I will probably come up with a whole lot of brilliant things to say in that drive, but since I won't be able to blog about them, you might actually have to call me to find out what I am thinking. That of course, implies that you want to know what I am thinking. But if you don't want to know, then what are you doing reading this?

3 comments:

Jess said...

Oh, I loved the submission today. Its just, um, well, no words can describe it. I had to look for the bird. Oddly enough, I thought "hey, that would be a great present for Nancy."

Have fun on the drive and doing crafty things. I wish I was going to said wedding.

MJ said...

Strange. I, too, thought that you would enjoy today's glitter gone bad. This is creepy. But not as creepy as that wreath.

Give my regards to the bride and groom. I wish we could go, but I can only imagine how successful a trip it would be with the kids.

Unknown said...

Hey Nancy, this is Talena. I found yout blog today. I have one too, if you would like an invite email me at taliewag@gmail.com
Have a nice vacation.