Friday, May 22, 2009

Bloggitty Blog Blog

I know, I know, I have been slacking this month. This week, in particular, has been rough as far as the writing and sharing goes, but not without reason! Sure, I have a TON of things to share, but I was slaving away at making those things actually happen (yes, folks, in order to have something to write about, I have to be too busy to write about it. Such is the nature of my life) and then I was actually without computer access for 5 days. Well, not entirely without computer access, but only having cellphone access to my blog makes it pretty difficult to type any entries. (unless you wanted to dechipher them as typed on a cellphone without punctuation and with predicative text with more than a few typos which you know cause even more than a few problems in predicative land plus my thumbs would be sore) Happily I have returned to my routines and virtual connection to the world around me, and it only took two days of sleeping and housework to catch back up to life as I love it. And all of that just in time to love memorial day weekend!

That being said, you can look forward (or avoid entirely, you choose!) to the upcoming blog entries, which I hope will happen in rapid succession over the 3 day weekend.

  • Fourteen pieces of Bacon
  • An Irish Queen
  • Weddings and Dear Friends (or: Why Paris still brings tears to my eyes)
  • Adventures in the North: a marathon weekend
  • Posted with Permission: Generic pictures of other peoples kids that I can force faithful readers to enjoy.

Look at that! 5 whole ideas, wanting refinement and nurturing. If they actually happen, you will be caught up on the Beautiful Moments of May. Of course, my posting their titles kind of binds me to it. Which is why I am doing it. Announcing my goals, inviting my friends to an awareness of my personal expectations, this means I have to actually follow through. So as I hit the "Publish Post" button, and tell the world my plans, knowing that follow through might be sketchy, I have a question for you. Is there a subject here that should be priority 1? What do you actually want to hear about? What piques your interest? Tell me and I may be more encouraged to press forward. It's called validation, and I am not afraid to ask for it right now.

6 comments:

Brenda said...

The first two sound the most mysterious. :-)

So the weekend is here...clock is ticking. :-)

Jess said...

The first two sound interesting, but I admit, I'm curious to read your report of the marathon weekend.

Carolanne said...

I think it is a toss up between the bacon and the wedding. Validation granted!

Anonymous said...

How did you get your bullet points to be tiny little flowers?!

leona said...

An Irish Queen sounds intriguing(I mean I've heard of Drag Queens and the Queen of England ... but Irish Queen?It just invites so many possibilities! hmmm) but then on the other hand I absolutely LOVE bacon soooo for me it's a toss up!

The Wengerts said...

Glad to read from you again. The first three posts were great, waiting for the last two...