Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Children I Actually Like: A day in pictures




This post is mostly for family amusement purposes, you are under no obligation to Oooh and Awww over pictures of my nephews unless you absolutely want to. But that being said, if you do happen to enjoy the pictures and have a few oohs and awws for me (the spoiling spinstress aunt) and my sister (their mom and source of half their genes) then feel free to tell us how cute they are in the comments!

Most of my days are spent with children under the age of 6. Today I actually took a day off in order to do exactly that, only unpaid and with children I like. (See how it works? If I like the kids, I hang out with them for free, otherwise dig deep, I don't come cheap!)


The other thing that happens when I like the kids is we do fun things. Not only am I capable and willing to spoil children, I am also pretty good at wearing them out.


Especially when its on my territory. Would you like a crash course? Here is how to wear down even the most energetic of farm-bred boys:

Step 1:

Take them someplace wonderful and new...




Step 2: Allow them to discover new worlds... Or at least a moon.
Step 2.5: Find out how much you would weigh on said planets and moons.

Step 3: Buy them Ice Cream

(Even the littlest one)



Step 4: Take time for transportation. A LOT of time for transportation, so that you can pause at every distraction along the way.



After all, every kid needs a change to fly a rocket,



... Or drive an ice cream truckAnd carry some extra refreshment along.

Because pretty soon you will be boarding a train...



Step 5: Find some cool places to hide



And Check out some books while you are at it. Are you getting sleepy yet?
'Cause we are...Now all there is left to do is wait for the train,
Ride back to your car,
and give in to the sleep.

1 comment:

Carolanne said...

They are adorable! I love blondies (although chances are slim that I'll get one of my own) and they have beautiful eyes. The moon pictures were cool, but I especially like the story time pics, because they look so enthusiastic in a mellow sort of way. I try to take my toddler to the library for story time, but he thinks pulling books off the shelves into untidy piles at his feet is an Olympic event. Maybe next year...