Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Ugh.

Just imagine for a moment the facebook messages exchange that had me writing this at 6 this morning:
  • Today
  • Nancy Beth
    That's all well and good, (INSERT NAME OF OBNOXIOUS MALE). You'll have to forgive me for being silent and not take personal offense (ITS ACTUALLY BEEN LESS THAN 1 WEEK). I'm in the middle of final exams, and am more concerned about writing graduate papers, internship applications, and curriculum vitae at the moment than I am in striking up chats and such. Perhaps if you choose to understand that we are all individuals with individual pressure and needs rather than lumping the behavior of 600 people in with your experience of 2 of them, you will have the patience to let me get through finals and concerts and a holiday season with family before you write off my behavior as snobbish.
    Now I have about 4 pages to write, 23 to edit, and another 45 to read before noon today, and I don't particularly feel like spending any more time justifying my own behavior or the behavior of members of an organization I love but do not represent. Have a great week, I hope you get to see and enjoy the concerts.
Maybe I'll tell you all the rest of the story another day. But as you can see, I'm very busy. Suffice it to say for now: he's not even my friend.  He sought me out for information on one of my many hot friends.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Ummm... this is definitely a story I am going to need to hear! Good luck with your finals. I'll be seeing you plenty this week. :)

Kimberlee said...

Crazy. Bat.