Monday, February 4, 2013

One-Line Thoughts (and some commentary)


  • Cars should be red the way desserts should be chocolate.  (I just don't see the point in any other variety of either )
  • Hipsters are just so mainstream. (They really are.  Negativity is the new black. If you really want to be innovative and different, try being positive, liking things, and recognizing that if something is popular, there probably is a reason)
  • Bucket list item #34: Win something from one of those claw machines.  (Seriously, if anyone knows how, I want some pointers.  My friend recently saw a Captain Kirk doll in one.)
  • My fear is that you will take my silence to mean I agree with you, so I speak out. (and yet, if you do not speak up, I assume that means you disagree with me. I am a hypocrite)
  • Disagreement and negativity does not make you smarter than everyone. (Back to that hipster thing. I'm bugged by that today.)
  • Don't "dance like no one is watching", dance like the whole world thinks you are beautiful. (The number of so-called inspirational quotes on pinterest makes me wonder how we really define inspiration.)
  • God never asked you to sing well, he asked you to sing. (So quit telling me you can't sing church congregational songs. Its church, for heaven's sake.  If someone there is judging you, they are the one who is going to Hell.)
  • It is easier to research subjects that you can remove yourself from than it is to honestly research yourself. (I would just about give up a limb to be writing a research paper instead of a reflection paper on my "inner couple".
  • I believe that deja vu is God's way of telling me I'm in the right place.  (Or on the right path, or making the right choice.)
  • If my coping mechanism is going to be a new pair of shoes every time I have a hard day, I am going to  need a bigger closet. (And Target is going to have to have more clearance sales)
  • The more I see of the pain and hurts in the world, the more I am astounded at the resilience of the human spirit. (And as long as I focus on the resilience of the human spirit, the more hope I have for the future.)
I can't give the details of my life anymore, I can't speak of the things that used to send me to the keyboard to write through my thoughts and emotions.  The closer I get to practicing, the more generic this has to be.  But I will maintain it.  I may eventually make it private, I may eventually become so limited in my posting that you won't remember I am here.  But I will be here. 




4 comments:

LFP said...

I want to steal all of these.

Jenny said...

You're not a hypocrite, you are a woman of integrity who doesn't want to be misunderstood and has a history of people silently disagreeing/minimizing/dehumanizing. That's you recognizing your vulnerable points.

Katie said...

I love all of these, and you'd better invite me if your blog becomes private. I am a faithful follower :)

Stefany said...

I keep telling people that the Bible says to "Make a joyful noice," not "Sing my praises only if you can do so in tune." Loved your post!