Monday, September 14, 2009

A few key points

Yeah, I haven't updated in forever and I just want you to know that the lack of updates is actually a good sign. You see, even as I type I am using the blog update excuse in order to postpone doing my stats homework. For every day gone past post-less I spent an evening doing homework.

But as long as I am avoiding stem-leaf-tree plots and dot whatever somethings and frequency I don't remember deallies, I may as well post a few highlights of the past few days.

  • Cereal was $1.88 a box. Not the gross generic kind either, but the good kinds, like Golden Grahams and Cheerios and Apple Jacks and Rice Krispies and, well, the list goes on.
  • The choir that I joined for the scholarship (remember that, $1000 tuition dollars for the year? yeah, them.) I found out this weekend we are going on a tour to Shanghai next summer. China. Seriously. 10 days. Boom Baby.
  • I was driving home from rehearsal and noticed that the police weren't in their usual speed trap spots. But when I drove past the gas station on state street there they all were, at least 7 of them, lights off and big sniper guns all pointed at the gas station. I drove past faster.
  • My boss proved herself an even bigger idiot last week. I can't write the story here, due to confidentiality issues, but lets just say she embarassed everyone around her and somehow managed to escape the realization that she should be embarassed for herself. The whole time she was giggling at her gaffe like a 13 year old I was thinking how happy I am to only be there part time.
  • I still have no idea how well the "pavlovian stats and milkshake" experiment is working. I still hate stats. I still love milkshakes. I force them together and there is a means to an end, that's about it.
  • I finally figured out that the guy who looked really familiar in choir and the guy who looked really familiar at opera rehearsal are actually the same guy. I made a new (gay) friend. I have to insert his orientation here in order to protect myself from some people jumping to an immediate romantic conclusion. But honestly people, I haven't met a single straight man in at least the past 4 years. I'm just excited about a new friend.
  • I am writing a research paper on health care reform. I don't have much more to say on it than that, except that there is a lot of info and I feel like I am beginning to understand it.

OK, I think that's all I've got for now. I have stats to do before bedtime, and I'm not going to get started until I make a milkshake.

2 comments:

Stefany said...

Although I've missed your posts, I am really glad you are keeping up with your studies. China, cool! As long as it doesn't cost more than your scholarship. :) And if you want my two cents worth on health care reform, none of the party's plans would really work. They are all proposing what will get them reelected, not what will be best for the country.

Ann Marie said...

Nancy! I miss you! Don't we go to the same school. Don't we have our lunches off at the same time. We should get together! I'm glad things are going so well for you, even thought stats sucks.