Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Not a minute to spare.

  • Macbeth rehearsals move to the Capital theatre tomorrow, and go from 6-11. We open in 10 days. And I honestly can't remember my blocking for Act I scene 3.
  • Exam for Grad school evaluation tomorrow night. Yikes! My whole future could depend on that.
  • Poli Sci paper due Monday. Discuss the philosophy of John Locke and how it impacted the framing of the constitution. Luckily, sometimes I read social contract for fun. Unfortunately, I tend to agree more with Rousseau's commentary on it. Will that bbe even remptely acceptable for an American Political Science class?
  • Stats Exam 1 on Friday morning. What exactly is "x-sub-i", how do I plug it into an equation, and while I get that the standard deviation is the square root of the variance, I can't quite remember how to calculate the variance. I remember what a linear correlation coefficient is, but I can't remember how it relates to the coefficient of determination. Does it? More importantly, does it matter?
  • Along with the stats exam, there is a review sheet with 27 questions on it that could be worth 5% extra credit on the test. I need the extra credit, but I'm not sure when I will have time to do 27 questions worth of extra homework.
  • Paper due Tuesday on the evolution of the family shape and whether or not it has affected the levels of function and dysfunction in society. Please include a multi-disciplined approach and reference micro through macro perspectives.
  • Finish the arrangement for the ward choir. It's arranged, I just need to tweak the accompaniment in a few places.
  • Request transcripts from all universities attended.
  • Re-write 4 page Liberal Arts statement for grad school app, I wrote it and hated it, need to start over.
  • Current events article and opinion for class friday.
  • Plan and execute sectional for choir, including face off with diva girl and learning the alto lines for "Cloudburst". That piece is nasty.
  • Work is requesting that I put in 32 hours a week. They won't guarantee me the hours so they won't have to offer me health insurance, but they want me to show up and help out anyways. This is where I put my foot down and say no.
You know, if you consider the whole list, break it down into the bullet points, and think about each project, I am actually counting my blessings. I want to do all of it, I want to do all of it well, I am just frustrated that there isn't enough time in the day to accomplish everything with the refinement I would like it to have. In fact, the only real problem in all of this is that I have one test on Saturday morning that is more important to me emotionally than anything else. Plus its stuff I love to study. Everything else takes second place, even though half of this is due before then. Focus, Nancy, Focus.

3 comments:

LFP said...

Sounds like a lot. But certainly all in your realm of capacity. Be wise, don't overdo, have fun. You can do it!

Carolanne said...

Yikes! You have a lot on your plate. Thanks for reminding me why I was so happy to finish school. You'll do a great job, and I would love to hear you Rousseau theories. I bet you could pull it off, but at the very least the teacher would have to give you credit for creative thinking! :)

leona said...

don't waste a moment ... take a long hot bubble bath once in awhile ... and have fun!