Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Fun, Each picture is worth a thousand words....


These pictures are in no particular order, but I had a blast on halloween, getting together with my old roomies and friends and just hangin' out and goofin' off. For example, above, Bryan was trying to show us what a "seductive" pose was.... (or was it "lounging around"? All I remember is something about a call girl....)

It's hard to believe that we've all known each other long enough for people to have children, and for those children to be getting this big!

But some things will never change, like our affinity for Charlie's Angel's poses...

Although I'm sure this little one is just wondering what his crazy mom is up too...

We tried to get them to all stay still for just long enough to snap a picture. It's a bit like herding stray cats on a flatbed truck though.
So the individual shots worked a little better.
Oh No! Captain Hook captured Tinkerbell!

And Peter Pan is clinging to his Wendy... (he really was a good sport, for all the people that invaded his house and his routine.)


Personally, I think Halloween is really just a great excuse to play with dry ice...


And dinner cooked in a pumpkin.... Yummy!


Although I have to admit I couldn't bring myself to actually eat one of these "Toes". For all the people in the room with foot phobias, I was the one that couldn't swallow it.


But the spread was gorgeous...
And our hosts were brilliant.


And we took some time to re-enact great literature...


(I love that I am friends with people who are more likely to dress as characters from great literature than from movies and pop culture)


(Although I'm sure an argument can be made for the fact that Peter Pan and Harry Potter are both movies now too. But they were books first, and the books are better than the movies anyways)

Hey look, more food!



The spider dip was my contribution...

Mmmmm, Halloween always makes me happy, but that could be because of the things that come shortly after.... Then again, with friends and fun like this, How could I want anything more?

5 comments:

leona said...

That looks like sooooo much fun!Y'all look amazing ... love the costumes and all that food .... yummmmm!

Carolanne said...

My favorite spider on your dip was the one that fell apart. The olives were a brilliant idea by the way. It was so much fun to see you this weekend, I loved every minute of it!

Brenda said...

Olives! Brilliant!

Brittany said...

Your pictures turned out so good! Thanks for posting. Although I'm sure Bryan will disagree when he sees that you posted that first picture of him being a playboy! He he he. :) And yes, we all agree that the books are way better than the movies. In all instances. Thanks for coming and happy birthday tomorrow! :)

Jenny said...

Shrek the movie was way better than Shrek the book. That may be the only exception in the world.