Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Better.

Well that was a fun ride, now wasn't it.  The thing is, after I posted yesterday, I went to class and learned about how when we are under stress we tend to revert to our infant selves.  There you have it.  Honestly, when I'm feeling good, I mostly love hearing about your kids.  And when I'm feeling self-sufficient and healthy, I am just fine with surviving on my own.  But for some reason I had to spend part of yesterday morning listening to someone whine about their children and then another part of the morning trying to convince that classmate that I'm not "acing everything without even having to read the textbook".  Why do people pin stuff like that on others?  No one has it easy, and to declare so is to insult the efforts they have and do make.  SO just stop it.  I'm not entirely better, but I'm well enough to see that I need to pull up my bootstraps and keep plugging forward.  And I suppose I could be embarassed about the whine-fest, but there is a part of me that wants it known.  I'm not proud of the tantrum, but I still want someone out there to know that I have struggles, and maybe even care.  So rather than delete it or apologize for it, I'm leaving it up for the world to see.  Some days suck. And on those days, the tiny things that our grown up selves are able to endure, brush off, or make the best of become the huge things that seem insurmountable.  Please don't resent me, take it personally, or judge my entire self based on the rotten days.

No comments: