Saturday, August 2, 2008

A blog a blog, we have a blog!

"i bei momenti" is italian for "the good times". It's from an aria, by Mozart. In "The Marriage of Figaro" it is commonly refers to "Dove Sono i bei momenti" or "where have the good times gone? The Countess sings this particular piece when she is lamenting the loss of the good times in her marriage and life. She concludes the piece by vowing to reclaim his affections and her own happiness. It's one of my favorite pieces simply because she begins with a longing for the good old times, and ends by resolving to take matters into her own hands, owning her personal destiny and happiness. It's an oddly appropriate theme in my life right now. While I am not trying to reclaim a lost love, nor am I even trying to reclaim my life that I left behind 2 years ago, I am going to reclaim happiness with this new adventure.

Starting with where I should live. An apartment alone? More roommates? Old roommates? Establish myself as a grown up, or turn student again and go after another degree whole hog?

Sometimes, it's harder to decide what you want when the whole world is open to you.

No comments: