Friday, October 5, 2012

aaaaand conference.

Hooray!

It's conference weekend!  Bust out the M&M's and notebooks!

If you are reading this because you are a tad bored and you want to know what to look for, here are my thoughts going into it all. 

  • Have I mentioned that the choir is full of amazing people?  In every camera shot you have the potential to see my friends, my heroes, the guy(s?) I'm interested in, and maybe even me!
  • Beyond watching the choir, please listen.  We work so hard.  We spend time memorizing, we get yelled at and pushed to our limits and sometimes we even cry, all to make our own offering a part of the whole deal. The words mean something.  Every last one of them has been prayed over and agonized over by at least 400 people. 
  • Pray for me.  Last conference I fell asleep and drooled chocolate on my dress.  It was still there when we sang the last song.
  • Listen like a reporter. With the elections and Governor Romney, the press will be paying attention and searching for things to blow out of porportion!
  • Did you write down your questions?  Its not too late!  I have over a page.  I know its "supposed" to be 3, but I figure I'll give God options. 
  • Turquoise and Fuscia (but the fuscia looks red on camera). Now you can tell your friends you are in the know. (No Peeps this season.  Maybe for spring)
  • You know how that organ can get loud?  Its even louder when you are standing 10 feet in front of the pipes.  They offer us earplugs, but I don't take them, because I like the noise.
  • You have my permission to throw an M&M at the screen every time you see me. This is only somewhat less disruptive than jumping around yelling "I know her!"
  • I cut bangs, so my hair is different.
  • Elder Holland, President Eyering, President Uchtdorff, Elder Perry, and Elder Scott.  These are a few of my favorite things!
  • (But most of all Elder Perry, 'cause he thinks I'm beautiful.)
  • My friend Brittany's son calls me Fancy and says I sing with the angels.  He's not far off.
  • This seems like a narcissistic list, but honestly, its my blog, so what are you gonna do?

Most of all, love every second of it.  I know I do. Even the accidental naps. (Because let's be honest, they are the best naps you ever get. And you only get them once every 6 months.)

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love everything about this post, especially that you drooled chocolate on your dress. Listen here, I don't laugh out loud while reading blogs often, but I LOLed. Also, I love how much you love choir. And lastly, I still believe that altos have the most fun. See you in the morning!