Thursday, September 18, 2008

FYI

So last night, wandering around Targeeet, I had a thought. I love to make lists. And I was thinking in my brain of the many roommates I have had. I decided to make a list. Then, I decided to post it on here, knowing that some of you have been my roomies, some of you have heard about them, and some of you could care less. I am in no way forcing you to read this, I just found it interesting.

I have had an enormous amount of Roomies. Most of them got married, otherwise I would still be willing to live with them, others were not such great experiences. Some had some pretty severe issues. I promise not to reveal anything too personal, but I will throw in a fact or two that I remember. Keep in mind, not including my sisters, I have lived with roomies since 1993. So here's to 15 years of my life.


University of MN
1. Carrie-(and her boyfriend, but since all he did was share her bed and not pay rent, he doesn't count. I think his name was Devin)
2. Sam- We had fun. She was nice.
3. Jen- Her mom and dad sent her clean needles every week. Not for legal drugs.

BYU
4. Tove- From Norway
5. Brenda- Aka BatBern, Berndaaaa, and BUIIIIIIIIII! One of the first Kindred spirits I ever met
6. Jammie- Pasta Girl, and we are still tight.
7. Katie- Poor girl, we were a bunch of weirdos and she was the only normal person
8. Jen- Had really long fingernails. No, I mean really long
9. Cyndi- Gave me rides to work, and enjoyed driving like a madwoman on the streets of Provo at 4 am
10. Laura- Klepto
11. Cheryl- certifiable
12. Melanie- Classic CA Blond
13. Liz- So tiny we called her "Fattie"
14. Cathe- Texas, or "cafe au lait"
15. Marina- "MRNA"
16. Lyndell- She actually helped me figure out the timing for me to go on my mission
17. Hailey- Don't remember much, but I think she was friends with my cousin James
18. Erin- Hailey's friend
19. Spring
20. Kelly
21. Tessa
22. Andrea
(if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.)
23. Robyn- Changed Hair color more often than I can count.
24. Andrea- We intend to be roommates again, soon!
25. Melissa- we made a leonard bernstien puppet for her class once
26. Suzanne- We would eat popcorn while she did her excercise video
27. Amber- Suzannes sister

Mission!
28. Soeur Bulla- MTC Comp
29. Soeur Beer- that's right, I said Beer
30. Soeur Holmes- Nothing Nice to say
31. Soeur Burymski- Trainer
32. Soeur DeVos- Nothing Nice to say
33. Soeur Nilsson- She taught me how to say "don't let the bed bugs bite" in Swedish.
34. Soeur Bryson- Good Times were had. Seriously.
35. Soeur Stephens- Best Brownies on the Planet
36. Soeur McPherron- a little pie and some Bleu de Methylyn for the elders...
37. Soeur Chaffin- We later bacame BYU roomies too!

Minnesota
38. Carrilyn- Thanks for the Vanilla Coke!

Back at BYU- This may get messy, Some people I spent so much time with, I don't remember if we were actual roomies or not. But if the line is that blurred, then it probably counts.

39. Heather- Fellow Diva!
40. Maren- Banana Republic, Jaguars, and BYU Football.
41. Marlene- Pickles at the movies and the most random games ever.
42. Megan- and her odd fascination with Camo underwear
43. Trisha- original owner of "Dr. Zahn" the apt mascot
44. Robin- the ballerina who grew up in a mortuary
45. Anya- and the rotisserie chicken from Sam's
46. Melinda- who left us for BYU Jerusalem
47. Kim- Don't know what happened there.
48. Leah- We went to paris, but again, I don't know what happened there.
49.Jana- The RS pres.
50. Jenny- and many good times we had
51. Kirsten (or kristen?)- I don't remember her name, but she tried to flirt with my Frenchman, tried and failed.
52. Leticia- We watched Moulin Rouge so many times...
53. Ruth- Ahhh, the Vegan
54. Natalie- the dating fiend.
55. Julia- yes, fols, people actually go on super-dates.
56. Stefanie- nursing student
57. Kijrsten- Nursing student
58. Nicole- engaged, I hardly knew her
59. Liz- went away to basic training alot, so I didn't really know her
60. Tricia- now in the MoTab and I am insanely jealous.
61. Curly Blond haired girl- Honestly, we were roommates for 2 months, and she went to hair school and I don't remember her name.
62. La- Two blissful years of only having one roomie, and watching law and order and Angel
63. Carolanne- fellow bird girl, Bursts out into her own songs more often than me
64. Carma- Miss Clinton! That's right, I was roomies with pageant girls and I liked them.
65. Crystal- although that was short lived since she got married shortly after I moved in
66. AnnMarie- You have no idea how frightening it is to let some one know you that well. Well, may be you do, but I didn't.
67. Jessica- Oh Jess. Fellow Diva and Drama Queen
68. Do I get to count Brittany? we spent so much time together...
69. Ruth- I almost forgot her!
70. Beth- When I was 12-ish, my parents let her stay with us for months on end while her mom was unemployed.

I could also count:
Shaelyn, Hailey, Abby, Miriam, and Julie, In whose basement I have been hobo for a month.
and My sisters- Jessica, Melissa, Amy, Emma, with whom I have shared a room with at least once each.
And Tiffany, who lived with us for a while too.

And Currently, Mindy. Who I found on Craigs list. But it's ok, she's not psycho or anything.

So there you have it. Does anyone need any roommate advice? Because I have an Honorary PHD in how to live with girls. Go ahead and laugh, but you have no idea how much these people and this experience has impacted my life.

6 comments:

Brittany said...

I say you get to count me! What about all those late nights we stayed up and never even went to sleep? I could use some room mate advice...3 boys...well, 2 boys and a cat. One boy has that hardest time sleeping (aka Caleb) on eboy never goes to sleep because he's up until 4:30 am studying 3 nights in a row (aka Brayn) and one boy who meows insanely loud at 5 am (aka Mickey.) Any tips there? :0) Oh, and I am quite impressed with your photography skills. Those pics of the canyon were gorgeous!

Carma said...

I don't think Miss Clinton counts as a beauty queen. There wasn't even a swim suit competition!

Carolanne said...

Oh, if only the roller blades would have panned out! Speaking of bird girls, my cousin found a picture of us on the internet. I think she said it was on Bryan B's facebook page. Does that make us weblebrities? I sure hope so....

Holly said...

You have an AMAZING memory! I don't think I could remember all my roommates and I have less than half of what you have.

Sarah said...

You are so funny! I love your comments about some of the roommates on your mission.

Unknown said...

Wow, Nancy....that's amazing....you are my hero!