Saturday, July 18, 2009

This is random:

But I really like my camera... This cute little escargot was at Red Butte Gardens when I took my class there for a field trip. I got this picture before a 5 year old girl snatched him up and shoved him in the boys faces, causing them to run away 'cause she was grossing them out. (I love that the girls in my class are the ones unafraid of worms and slime and creepy things. The boys had an extensive discussion at breakfast the next morning about how girls like gross things that boys thought were too icky.)
I was curious as to whether my camera would actually capture the bumble bee.... happy day I got bee and flower. I wish I didn't have to crop out the sweet little girl that was standing next to it smelling it in the picture, because it turned out really cute, but privacy issuues, you know.


The weeds in my backyard have grown to be over 8 feet high. We keep our lawn mowed but the garden behind our lawn area is unmaintained and jungle like. (Seriously, ask Ally, she saw them last week, and Orrin said something about needing a machete to navigate the garden) I would love to actually plant a garden, given time. But in the meanwhile. the flowers that grow on 6 foot thistle plants are actually quite pretty. (I'm thinking at this point it would be fun to actually cultivate them into trees, bonsai style)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Orrin only said that because he has a secret desire to use a machete. He would probably cut our grass with one if I let him.

Carolanne said...

Your pictures turned out pretty nicely. What kind of camera are you shooting with?

Jenny said...

Beautiful pictures, Nancy. I fyou trim the thistle bonsai-style, I want MORE pictures! You're terrific!

Brenda said...

I second Carolanne's question. Those are really nice macro shots. We're going to need a new camera soon, so I'm looking for recommendations. :-)

leona said...

Very nice!

Nancy said...

ah the camera, its a sony cybershot and I have no complaints about it whatsoever. this one is the dsc-w80, which i don't think they make anymore, (would have only been recently discontinued though) but when I bought it I tried a number of the sony cybershot line and loved them all. Its what my dad uses too, and he has much more photography skill than i and he still loves it.

Holly said...

I love your flower pictures!

Jess said...

Great, now I know who can snap some pictures of my boys all dressed up for the wedding!