Saturday, April 7, 2012

Smile.

It's getting time for another list. It needs to be a positive list. I found a list I wrote when I was at BYU full of things I wanted to do. I was pleasantly surprised that I had accomplished all but one, and that one thing is to get a master's degree. Since that is in the works, I figure I should start coming up with a new list. But I'm in the middle of finals and a lot of writing, and Easter concerts and a few other stressors. So instead of making a list full of new expectations and hopes, I'm making a list of little things that are pretty much guaranteed to make me smile.

I have no idea how long it will end up being...

1. Lemon Merengue Pie
2. The Eiffel Tower
3. People speaking French
4. Music by Gilbert and Sullivan
5. Those running hugs you get from toddlers that nearly knock you over
6. Eyeore
7. an unexpected text message
8. Fried Chicken and Waffles (with lots of syrup)
9. Cute shoes
10. Fresh Strawberries
11. M&M's
12. Cookie Monster
13. Anything Monster related actually,
14. And I suppose anything cookie related as well.
15. Birds
16. The crackling sound a new book makes when you open it for the first time.
17. Queen of the Night Tulips
18. A REAL game of Scrabble
19. Choclate milkshakes
20. Fresh tomatoes
21. a new hat
22. Bright umbrellas on rainy days
23. Googly eyes
24. Clever wordplay
25. Penguins (who are also birds, but they are special kinds of birds)
26. Harry Potter stuff
27. Jokes about Schrodinger's cat
28. Thin Mints
29. Chuck Norris jokes
30. Ruby Slippers
31. Snuffleupagus
32. Neil Diamond
33. The Y on the mountain
34. Tuna sandwiches on homemade bread with a giant glass of lemonade.
35. Captain Picard
36. Soft Kitty
37. Pianos
38. Anything written by C.S. Lewis
39. Le Petit Prince
40. The Planetarium
41. Teddy Bears
42. Hot cocoa

Well now. I think 42 is as good a place to stop as any. It's by no means comprehensive. or prioritized. And there isn't nearly as much food on there as I thought there would be. :) Now. What would you add? Or how would your list look? You don't have to agree with me on every point. But I bet we have more than a few in common.

No comments: