Friday, April 27, 2012

Stream of conscious....

I had a roommate that hated stream of conscious writing because she felt that there was no skill or organization in it, but I think I value it for just that reason. Especially right now. My brain is a little fried from all the organizing and structuring and such. And yet I still want to write a bit. So forget the organizing, but I can't neglect spelling and punctuation. that suffers enough in blogging, even my own. I just sent off my last final of the semester, and school year for that matter, and while my brain is tired I realized that I loved writing it and would do another in a heartbeat, well, given a day or two of rest I would. I also realized I loved learning all the things I learned and feel like I am pretty much getting the grade I deserve for the work I did. And now that its all done I have to go to work in about an hour. Which will be fine because I am going to take a book along and read for fun! About music, actually, since I feel like music is what is suffering in the face of studying something other than music. Also, my old voice teacher started back to choir last night after a long absence and I'm thinking I want to see about doing lessons with her for the summer. Although money will be the big question since technically I'm only subbing at work and so I am at the mercy of the scheduling bitch. yes i said it but this is stream of conscious writing so I'm not apologizing for it. I don't know that the woman who does scheduling actually is that in real life, but when she has power like in scheduling she likes to make it known that she is in charge and everyone else must bow and beg and grovel at her feet. Also because scheduling is hard. So maybe its not so much her as it is the nature of the beast in general. I'm sure whomever does the scheduling ends up being nasty, but either way, my ability to purchase groceries and pay for utilities is dependant on her. Also I'm looking for another summer job and some volunteer stuff in the counseling field, mostly so I can have the experience but also for the money. And I got a new phone! It is fancy and I got it for free and my plan rate didn't increase with the smart one because we were able to switch out some data for some unused minutes so I may have told the At&T guy that I loved him when he figured that out. Its kind of great to walk out of a store with a new cool gadget and not pay a cent.... only i had to sign my life away on another two years with AT&T but I've been with them for so long and every time I look at switching I don't see anything that's really a better deal..And tonight my friend Kim and I are going to the Mozart Requiem, and who knows if she actually wanted to go see it but I did and she is just so pleasant and agreeable that she didn't say anything about it being overdone or boring. Which is good because I believe that the classics are classics for a reason and You simply cannot criticize Mendelssohn's voice leading I don't care how respected of a musician you are! That happened and I was so offended I had to use my new found counseling skills to calm myself down. And tomorrow I'm going to spend the day watching season two of downton Abbey and eating thin mints and making cookies for the neighbor guy who mowed the lawn this week but I'll do all that AFTER I go get a pedicure with Kim. At some point I need to clean the house too because it is beyond disgusting and I can't even describe some of the grossness that the roommate leaves around here. I already cleaned up stuff in the bathroom that no one should have to deal with and may I add that if the garbage is overflowing WHY DONT YOU TAKE IT OUT? Especially if you are the person using it for your, uhhh... personal needs. I cleaned up an entire extra bag's worth of garbage off the FLOOR from around the trash... GROSS. Next up is the kitchen where she left a stick of butter out on the dryer (yes, the washer/dryer are in the kitchen and double as counter tops, we make do with the space we have) but she left the stick of butter just sitting on top of the dryer without a plate or anything and THEN SHE USED THE DRYER. What do you think that did to the stick of butter? and do you think she cleaned it up? of course not. SO there's a whole lot of stuff like that around the house that needs to be addressed and then I have to figure out where and when I'm going visiting this summer since there is a family reunion in Denver and my sister is coming home from her mission in just a few weeks and that's all very exciting. also, i would like to finish a few sewing projects and maybe even rearrange the furniture. Wait, no. I won't rearrange furniture. Oh my gosh, what am I going to do with all this time?

1 comment:

Carolanne said...

So that's what it's like to live inside your head! I feel a little dizzy.

My dryer is almost in the kitchen too, and I'm thinking that your room mate might be on to something. Cookie baking is always a spontaneous act at my house, so the butter never has time to really soften. Hmmmm............