Friday, May 25, 2012

A commercial

From Jenny:
If you could be in a commercial for anything you wanted, what would it be and what would you do and say?

The fun answer is:
Golden Grahams. I love golden Grahams. I love them so much, I only eat them about once a year, because I don't want them to lose their appeal from eating them all the time. That happened to me with cinnamon life. Sometimes I think I could love it again the way I used to, but I buy it and have less than a bowl and am tired of it. So golden grahams stay sacred. One box for my birthday. One box at some other point in the year. Rationed joy. I would do a commercial for them.

But commercials for kids cereals are generally obnoxious.

I think there should be a campaign for adults to eat Golden Grahams. Not spouting anything healthy (that would ruin it for sure) But maybe some sort of confession. Hi. My name is Nancy. I'm a grown up. And I eat Golden Grahams for my Birthday. In fact, there could be any number of people confessing. Hi. I'm Joe. I'm a grown up. And I eat Lucky Charms for dinner every Friday night. Hi. I'm Angela. I'm a grown up. And I eat Fruit Loops to get through boring business meetings. Hi. I'm Ethan. I'm a grown up and a lawyer. And I eat Frosted Flakes during legal depositions. They are part of my $500/hour fee.

But that's all silliness. Reality about me and commercials is easy.
The easy answer is: Been there, done that!

Wanna see?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4Tx30zlx3Q

There I am, from :19-:22 
3 seconds of me singing one of my favorite pieces of music ever. 
Oh I know if you read this then you are already aware of my obsession with the choir.  And maybe you are bored of hearing about it. Don't care.  If there is anything I want to be associated with, this is it.  And if there is anything I want the world to know about regardless of who I am, this is it.  And so honestly, If I could really do a commercial for anything, this is it.

When I saw it on TV, I just about fell off my couch.  I looked it up on youtube and saved a copy for myself.  I am that much of a dork. 

1 comment:

Stefany said...

Golden Grahams are my favorite cereal, too, and I have them about as often. Love the commercial! You are beautiful, as usual.