Thursday, March 5, 2009

Bland Update

My foot is getting better. I walked on it like a regular person today and tomorrow I plan on going back to normal person shoes instead of the nasty tennis shoes with proper foot support but ugly fashion statements. Thanks for being concerned about it. I still don't know what was up with it suddenly rebelling against me.

We had an "Awards Banquet" at work. You know how some corporations have real awards for their employees? And you know how in primary, everyone was a winner, and there was an award for everyone? Well combine the two: A corporation that wants to offer awards to their employees but that is at the same time, in the business of serving pre-schoolers. They have a made up award for everyone, and they make a huge deal out of it, when in fact the mere idea that they are simply handing out colored print outs in cheap frames with trite titles is actually more insulting than rewarding. I went for the free food, and regretted even that. But they held it at one of my favorite restaurants, so I hoped to just go, eat, and run. I had to stay long enough to graciously accept my print-out... er... certificate. The whole thing made me grumpy and resent my job even more. They should have just given me the three dollars they wasted on the frame so I could buy myself an egg salad sandwich for lunch. Instead the thing is going to sit on the front seat of my car until I get sick of it and throw it on the back seat of my car until I clean it out and throw it in the trunk where it will probably break and then I will get cuts from it when I try to clean it up, but by then I will be working somplace else so it will only serve as a painful (and slightly ironic) reminder.

Blah.

I'm not feeling positive enough to be funny.
I'm not feeling negative enough to be cynical.

My mountains were gorgeous today, and spring is coming so the hiking will become regular again soon.

It can all be likened to the new cell phone I got today. It is so exciting to get the new phone, because it is shiny and not scratched and the battery holds a charge and it has all these new gadgets, but I don't know how to use it yet, and when I try to text the buttons are all mixed up and even answering it is a complicated ordeal. yup. I'm all mixed up and in a dither. (What's a dither?)

Like I said. Blah.

3 comments:

Jess said...

So, um, what was your award for?

"Most unlikely to dance around in spandex."

Stefany said...

Hahaha that's funny, Jess. Have a better day, Nancy. At least you have Spring. We were supposed to hit 45 degrees today, but it only went up to 39, and is back down to 33. Boohoo!

Carolanne said...

I hate those kinds of awards. My ward used to hand them out after girls camp. They tried to be clever but ended up being rude. I understand why you hated it.

I've had new cellphone issues too. I once had to hang up on my doctors nurse because I was in a store, didn't know how to turn the speaker phone off and she was calling about "women's issues". So embarrassing. But still, new phones are nice!