Saturday, April 25, 2009

Found: One More White Hair

And I do mean WHITE. Not grey, not silver, not light blond. White. Sticking out of the top of my head, glistening in the spring sun. It's not that I am suddenly deciding to philosophize on how short life is or wax poetic about mortality. I considered it, but I just don't have anything worthwhile to add to what the great poets have already said. It's just that my "Someday list" is still getting longer, not shorter. So why am I sitting here writing a blog post instead of accomplishing something from my list? I really couldn't tell you.

1. Song that always makes you sad? There are a couple from the realms of musical theatre, but I have no intention of divulging which ones specifically, because then the world would know far too much about me.
2. Last thing you bought? Gas for the lawnmower and a snickers bar (for the energy to mow the lawn of course!)
3. Last person you argued with? FSK over whether he was allowed to hit people with the shovel.
4. One of your stuffed animals' names as a kid? Oh let's see, I made up little birth certificates for all of them at one point. There was tommy and baby beans and bambi and eyeore and mousey and grandpa bear and red riding hood and I suppose I could go through my toy box that is sitting across from me right now, but really I was more of a blankie person. I was (read:am) extremely attached to Red Blankie and one doll.
5. Favorite Sundae topping? yes.
6. Did you take Piano lessons? This is a ridiculous question to ask any member of my family. Whether or not we actually ended up with any skill at the piano depended purely on our ability to fight for practice time.
7. Most frequent song played? Are we still talking about on the piano? Then I would have to say "I don't want to live on the moon" (You know, from sesame street, that ernie sings) or "I sat down with the dutchess at tea). Although if I have a choice then it's "Spring Song" from the Mendessohn Songs Without Words Collections. But then, if you mean on my ipod, it would be "Oh Light of Life" from the Wilberg requiem CD.
8. T.V. show you secretly enjoy? Buffy. The "Spike has a chip in his head" episodes.
9. Would you rather play basketball or hockey? No. And you would probably rather I didn't as well.
10. One place you could travel right now? Paris, always Paris. Although I wouldn't complain about Itay. Or Vienna.
11. Do you use umbrellas? Yes, frequently.
12. Do you know all the words to the Canadian national anthem? Not only do I know them, I have sung them for a professional hockey game. In fact, I may have learned them before I learned the American national anthem.
13. Do you prefer Blondes or Brunettes? Psh. Hair color is such a transitory thing. I really could care less. Its the eyes that have me.
14. Favorite fruit? Ryon
15. Wet the toothbrush or brush dry with the toothpaste? Um, wet. Does anyone like dry?
16. Pen or pencil? Depends on the project. I like pens that roll really smoothly just for writing lists and stuff, but I also keep charcoal pencils handy for doodling.
17. Do you scream on roller coasters? Roller coasters? what's there to scream about? I usually giggle insanely. and I don't scream when doing stunts in an airplane either, I just enjoy that pit of my stomach falling out my beely button feeling and try to keep my lunch down.
18. Where did you go on your first airplane ride? The first one I remember was either standing in the cockpit of one the viking planes "helping my dad to taxi it, or else I do have an odd memory of sitting next to Aaron clinging to Red Blankie and Baby Beans. I couldn't have been older than 4 in either memory. I highly doubt either was my first airplane ride though.
19. Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day? Cold Stone
20. Who's wedding were you in the first time you were a bridesmaid or a groomsmen? Probably Liz and Scott. If not her then Melanie. We were all roomies the same year, I don't remember which came first.
21. What is the first thing you do in the morning? Glasses, ponytail, Bathroom, Cereal, back into bed (That's usually 430 ish) I make it a point to not actually start the day until well after 530.
22. First celebrity crush? Kirk Cameron or Michael J Fox. Growing Pains or Family Ties. And Luke Skywalker.

Now wasn't that an effective waste of my apparently limited time? I'm hoping that by relaxing more with life I will slow the hair color issues. Especially since my colorist is too busy this week. Since she can fit me in next week, I should be able to stress more over important things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooo Kirk Cameron was sexy! Please note the WAS. And I'd go Back to the Future with Michael J. Fox any day. I highly approve of your taste in men. Back then.