Friday, April 17, 2009

A moment of success

Here's just a quick post because I am so very thrilled with myself. After a day of planning things and enduring the mundane and spending time with people that I love and that I am thrilled to see happy and all sorts of other good things (pictures to come) I got home late at night and found waiting in my mailbox a contract to sing in the Utah Opera Chorus. I auditioned a while ago and then didn't hear anything and figured I flunked. It turns out they are just being as organized as musicians should be. It's not a huge thing, just another small success that helps me hope for good things to come. But it is a paid position and singing the way I love to and, oh yes, that first show is Verdi. I love Verdi. Granted, it's not Aida, but it's still Verdi. Who can complain?

6 comments:

Ann Marie said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you. And not a big thing, pah! What opera's are you going to be in, I really want to come see them!

Jess said...

YAYAYAYAYAY! That's awesome. Not a big thing? It's not something I could do. (Says the girl who was kicked off WST's Brigadoon). I think it's great. Getting paid to do what you love is one of the sweet joys of life.

You'll have to let us know what your performance schedule it. We are headed out there this summer, and I'd love to see a performance.

Jeannine said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so excited for you. Send me details.

The Wengerts said...

Congrats!! When are you going to be performing?

Stefany said...

I am so thoroughly thrilled for you!!! Can I live vicariously through you now? Aaron and I are planning to come out to see a performance, so let us know when it is!

Brenda said...

Woohoo! Yay for you! And me. This is the perfect excuse to drag my hubby out to an opera. ;-)