Thursday, January 8, 2009

Her name is Nola...

Yeah, you are singing the song now aren't you?


But that's not what I am talking about. I am just letting you know that Santa is alive and well, and reading our blogs. (Just think how much easier it is for him to figure out if you have been naughty or nice. All he has to do is google your name, and he probably can see you when you're sleeping. I've always found that to be a little creepy.)


So Santa knows that I have tried my very best this last year, and this is what awaited me on Christmas morning:

She has the Xavier signature on her butt and a birth certificate and everything.

And on a slight tangent, we compared her to my nephew who is 6 months old and weighs 25 pounds. They look about the same in the cheeks. Although she is in "Premie" sized clothes and he wears 24 months-2T.

And yes, I am still a grown woman blogging about the doll I got for Christmas. You shouldn't be surprised. Christmas was wonderful. I spent a lot of time with alot of different people and felt composed and relaxed and great. It was a peaceful week in which I was able to reflect alot and understand myself a little more, in a good way, not in a scary "the-committee-in-my-head-is-yelling-at-me" sort of way. I started all sorts of posts about it and about the New Year and somehow, life fell apart a little in the middle. But I did want you to get the highlights. Maybe I will still finish my New Year's post.

2 comments:

susan m hinckley said...

Please finish your new year's post because my new year celebration won't really be completed until I get to read it. If your Christmas posts were any indication . . .

Jess said...

You have permission to post picture of said 6 month old for your reader's comparison. I'm bummed we never got a picture of the two of them together.